Fig, Ricotta, and Truffle Honey Bruschetta

Freshly sliced figs atop ricotta cheese, drizzled with honey and garnished with pistachios, offers a slightly sweeter take on the open-faced sandwich.

How is it that I left it so long to buy my first fresh figs this season? Yes I’ve seen them all ripe and plump at local grocers and fresh produce shops, yet I walk on by like I don’t care. Poor little dears.
Not a great deal needs to be done to the humble fig for me to appreciate them. My favourite approach? Tear them open, admire the gorgeous colours for a few seconds, then eat them skin and all. Au naturel, baby!
It has been done countless times, but taking the bruschetta route is another approach that pops into my mind when I come home with fresh figs. Toasted sourdough, some ricotta and a few other tidbits. Just enough for the fig to shine.
I’ve laced the ricotta with a little rosewater; reminiscent of my long-ago jaunt through Morocco. Some sliced almonds and pistachios add to the story. Additional to fresh figs, I’ve thinly sliced some dried figs for another slice of bread; that way you can have your figs year-round.
The bruschetta is perfect as is, but that jar of truffle honey beckoned from the pantry.
“You know you want to” it whispered.
And I did.
Fig, ricotta & truffle honey bruschetta recipe
Fig, ricotta & truffle honey bruschetta recipe
Fig, ricotta & truffle honey bruschetta recipe
Fig, ricotta & truffle honey bruschetta
This winning combination will surely brighten up your breakfast or brunch bruschetta.

 Servings 2

INGREDIENTS

  • 4 slices Sourdough bread toasted
  • 250 g Ricotta
  • 2 tsp rosewater or to taste
  • 2 Fresh figs cut into eighths
  • 2 dried figs sliced thinly
  • ¼ cup pistachios sliced thinly
  • ¼ cup almonds sliced thinly
  • truffle honey to taste
  • Micro watercress to garnish
  • Fig, ricotta & truffle honey bruschetta recipe

INSTRUCTIONS
Lay two slices of toast on two plates. Spread the ricotta over each slice. Top one slice with fresh fig, and the other with dried fig. Scatter over the nuts, drizzle over the honey, then garnish with herbs.



Source: heneedsfood.com

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy Overnight French Toast Bake

Caprese Toasts